When it comes to business, you need a unique email address that contains your brand’s name. Having your brand’s name in the email address not only makes it more credible but also allows the email address to sound more professional. Many people create free email accounts with Gmail or other popular email service providers. While there is nothing specifically wrong with that approach, a professional email address should have a custom domain.
If you want more customers to rely on your brand’s services and products, you need to get a professional email address. The email address should include the custom domain of your brand. This will make it easy for customers to remember your business’s email address and prompt easy communication. Let’s take a look at the best ways to quickly set up a professional email address with your custom domain.
4 Ways to Get a Professional Email Address
There are 4 different ways for you to get a professional email address with a custom domain and we will discuss each method one-by-one.
Method 1: Create a Business Email Address with Your Web-Hosting Company
If you have already hosted your business website with a web-hosting company, you can use the cPanel to create a custom email address. In most cases, they won’t charge you anything extra for setting up an email other than what you have paid for the web hosting. Many popular web hosting providers like GoDaddy, Bluehost, A2 Hosting, and inMotion Hosting provide a free professional email with most of their web hosting plans.
If you have bought a web hosting plan that comes with a professional email, you can go on with this method to set up an email with a custom domain. Have a look at the steps below to set up your professional email address with your web hosting provider:
- Step 1: Log in to your web hosting account using a web browser.
- Step 2: Check for the cPanel option. If you don’t know how to access the cPanel, you can ask the hosting provider for online support.
- Step 3: After accessing the cPanel, you need to open the Email section and access the Email Accounts section.
- Step 4: The Email Accounts page will appear where you can view all your existing email accounts.
- Step 5: Find the Create button and click on it to set up a new email address with your custom domain.
- Step 6: Next, provide your email account’s information, such as the email address and account login details.
- Step 7: There is a domain drop-down menu from where you can select one domain to use on your email address. This step is important if you have multiple domains. But if there is only one domain, you can create an email address with that only.
- Step 8: Configure the settings of your email server. For example, set up the storage requirement of your email server, welcome email instructions, and more.
That’s how you create professional email addresses with your web hosting provider. Also, you can create multiple email accounts if required.
Method 2: Create an Email with Microsoft 365
You can use Microsoft 365 Outlook service to create a business email and also access apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Apparently, you can also create an email address for your business by getting a custom domain from MS 365. But to do that, you will have to buy the premium Microsoft 365 subscription. You simply need to visit the Microsoft 365 website, create an account and purchase one of its premium subscription plans that comes with a professional email. If you already have an existing Microsoft account with a subscription plan, you need to sign in to that. Then follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your email account.
- Step 2: Provide your primary contact information and choose your existing domain.
- Step 3: Verify the ownership of your domain by adding a TXT record to the DNS settings.
- Step 4: Provide a new user id and password that will help you sign in to your email account.
- Step 5: Go to the admin panel of Microsoft 365 and click on Setup > View from the Get your custom domain set up option. Here you will have to add your DNS records.
- Step 6: Follow the instructions for the same, and when done, you can use the professional business email address on your Outlook application.
You can find Microsoft Outlook from the Microsoft 365 admin menu.
Method 3: Get an Email Service Plan
There are email service providers or email hosting services for businesses available online. Apart from Office 365, you can go with G Suite or Zoho, which are also quite popular. G Suite offers cloud-based email hosting like Office 365. If you don’t like Microsoft 365 for any reason, G Suite acts as a great alternative. With G Suite, you get at least 30GB of space, but you can enjoy unlimited storage if you go for the higher-tier plans. Apart from email, G Suite also offers tools including Calendar, Contacts, and File Storage.
Zoho is also a good alternative for Microsoft 365 if you have a tight budget for setting up a business email address. Apart from Zoho Cliq, you can also use Google Docs and Microsoft Office tools with Zoho as well since it has collaborated with Google and Microsoft.
Method 4: Use Godaddy or Bluehost Email Services
In case you have not hosted your website already, you can consider this option. You can buy a professional email service from GoDaddy or Bluehost at affordable prices. Both GoDaddy and Bluehost offer a free domain and business email with their basic web hosting plans, but they also offer professional email plans where you can add your custom email address.
GoDaddy offers 10GB of email storage, but you can get more storage quality by opting for a pricier plan.
With a professional email address having a custom domain, you can easily get in touch with your clients and they can remember your email address easily. Whenever you are creating a professional email address for your business, try not to worry too much about the name. Just make sure that it is easy to remember and is relevant to what it is being used for. For instance, if you are creating an email address for providing support to your customers and addressing their queries, you can choose an email address something like email@example.com.